@GU is a new monthly post that will feature events taking place around Gannon’s campus for the month. So check out the post and check out the events.
– The Gannon Knights Football team’s home opener is Saturday, September 10th at noon. Come cheer on your favorite team as they take on Shippensburg. This game is part of Erie’s celebration of Veterans and First Responders Appreciation day in honor of the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
– On September 15th, Gannon’s One Green World Café will celebrate its Grand Opening. Stop by the café on the corner of 4th Street and Sassafras to try some coffee and check out the new space. That night from 5pm to 9pm, there will be live music provided by some of your fellow students.
– GIVE Day is Saturday, September 17th. Take part in Gannon’s commitment to respond to service in the community. Sign up with groups and volunteer to be part of this day of service. Meet at the Hammermill Center at 8 a.m. for a free breakfast and t-shirt before you go.
– Commuter Awareness Days are September 20th and 21st, from 8:30a.m. to 4p.m. Commuter Life is an important part of the Gannon University family. These days provide an opportunity to recognize students who commute and to share some time in the commuter lounge in Palumbo.
– “The Poor of New York” by Dion Boucicault opens at the Schuster Theatre at 8 p.m. on Thursday, September 29th and runs until October 9th. Come enjoy the show directed by Fr. Shawn Clerkin and performed by Gannon students and faculty. Performances are free with your Gannon I.D.