What’s the best way to figure out if a school is right for you? Go visit!
Here at Gannon you can visit campus year-round, but there are certain weekends set aside throughout the year specifically for high school seniors interested in attending next fall.
Gannon’s Fall Open House and Scholarship Contest will be held on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 10 a.m.
Here are five things you should know about coming to Open House:
- Don’t worry if you forgot to register online! Staff from the Office of Admissions will be ready to help you check in beginning at 9:30 a.m. Scholarship contests, campus tours and other activities will begin at 10:00 a.m. (If you want to register in advance, go to www.gannon.edu/openhouse)
- You will have a chance to talk to professors in the programs you’re interested in, which will help you discover what makes Gannon different from other schools. You can ask professors about different aspects of the program, or anything else you might want to know. You’ll also be able to talk to members of Gannon’s many clubs and organizations to learn how to stay active on campus.
- Open House also includes Gannon’s annual Scholarship Contests. Students have the opportunity to test their skills and try earning scholarships in a variety of disciplines, from biology to business and engineering. Participants can win up to $3000 in four-year scholarships.
- Take a tour of campus! Follow a current Gannon student and take a walk around campus to see the academic buildings, Waldron Campus Center and various residence halls. The guide will also be able to answer any questions you might have about living and having fun on campus.
- Everyone available that day is there to help you find out all you can about Gannon and assist into helping you make an informed college decision. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! The people you meet throughout the day are glad to help you.
Want more info? Head to www.gannon.edu/openhouse.