This week was a very eventful one for me, as I was preparing for my show Monday when I will be opening for Dave Coulier. I did many things this week, from interviews with the Gannon Knight and a local TV station, to further preparation of my act. I was very busy getting ready for my first big gig.

Last week I was invited by WJET TV, a local television station, to do a quick interview for the show.  I was excited that I would be able to do some promotion for the show and feel like a real professional in the process, even though I am far from professional.

The day of the interview, I had to wake up really early, get dressed (fancy) and make myself look somewhat presentable in comparison to my normal appearance.  When I showed up to the studio, however, it turned out I was over dressed, which was embarrassing to say the least.

Even though I was over dressed I didn’t let that get in the way of me having a fun time with the interview.  I was told by some people to take the interview seriously and how this is promoting the show so I shouldn’t be silly during the interview.  I didn’t listen to any of that and I had a fun time cracking jokes and talking about the gig on the morning show.

After my appearance on TV, I was asked to do an interview with the Gannon Knight.  This interview was really informal and relaxed, which I liked a lot better.  The questions were easy and fun to answer.

A few days after the interview, I read the published version of the interview in the student newspaper.  It was really well done and I enjoyed reading it.  Many of my friends and teachers saw the article and congratulated me on the gig and even bought tickets to see the show.

Once I finished all of the press for the show, I went back to preparing for the show.  Since the interviews I have been practicing my jokes, tightening the delivery and doing all I can to make sure the show will be great.

People had been asking me if I was nervous for the show, opening for a professional comic and playing a gig in such a large venue like Hammermill.  I hadn’t really given it much thought, other that that it would be a big show for me, the biggest one I have done since I started doing stand-up comedy.

As the day of the show drew closer, I was a little nervous, but I was more excited to be able to go and do something new and experience a new atmosphere in the realm of performance.

It’s always great when you are able to do what you love and it’s even better when you have a big support team that’s with you through the good and bad times. One of my support groups is my friends.

When I started doing stand-up on campus, my friends were always in the audience supporting me and encouraging me to continue performing, even when I felt like quitting. Even recently they have been supportive of me through being the first to buy tickets to the show coming up and helping me in promoting the show through sharing event pages on social media.

While I may find myself a little nervous in this new transition in performance for me. I know that no matter what happens, I will still have my friends in my corner, cheering me on every step of the way.