ANXIETY is the top mental health issue in college students and is frequently the result of taking exams, completing assignments, and meeting requirements.
FACTS you may not know about anxiety:
- 40 million adults in the U.S. age 18 or older are affected.
- Illnesses fill people’s lives with overwhelming anxiety and fear that are chronic, unremitting, and can grow progressively worse.
- Anxiety usually comes before important events such as a big exam, business presentation, or first date.
IMPROVE your mental health:
- Have respect for yourself and try things you wouldn’t picture yourself doing.
Take care of your body.
- Eat nutritious meals, drink more water, and get a good night’s sleep.
Set realistic goals.
- Decide what you want to accomplish personally and professionally, but don’t over-schedule.
Surround yourself people with good people.
- People with strong family relationships are more social and tend to be healthier than those who lack that support.
Mental health is very important to know and be aware about as students take on the college life. College students can come across mental illnesses as they become more stressed over their classes. Having knowledge about the importance of your mental health can lessen the possibility of having to overcome any illnesses.