Resting on the corner of Peach and West Sixth Street, Old Main has been a pillar of downtown Erie and Gannon University for decades. Bishop John Mark Gannon purchased old Main, known then as the Strong Mansion, in 1941 to serve as the center for the recently founded college.
The home was originally meant for Senator William Scott, but after his passing it was left in his will to his daughter, Annie Wainright Scott Strong. She completed the building in 1893 and lived there with her husband.
Today Old Main serves as administrative offices for many school officials and departments and houses the President’s Office, where Dr. Keith Taylor works.