When October rolls around, it means all sorts of fall activities start happening here on campus. No matter your interests, you can definitely find something on campus that you’ll enjoy doing this month. Here’s a quick look at some of the many things that are occurring on campus.
– Students interested in the fields of Engineering and Health Professions both have specific visit days so you can learn more about the programs offered here. All future engineers and all interested in healthcare are welcome on October 7th. Another day is being offered for those interested in Health Professions on October 21st. Also, the Office of Admissions Saturday Visit is on October 8th and Fall Open House is on October 29th. You can find more information about these visits and visits for other programs on the Prospective Students page of the Gannon website.
– The Activities Programming Board is hosting two different movies this month on campus. You can check out “Horrible Bosses” on October 8th at 8p.m. and October 9th at 9:30pm in Zurn 104 for $1. Towards the end of the month, the Boy Who Lived comes to campus in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.” This movie is also in Zurn 104, on October 29th and 30th at 8p.m.
– Many of Gannon’s sports teams have games or matches during this month. Indiana University of Pennsylvania comes to the Carneval Athletic Pavilion pool to take on the Golden Knights in swimming and diving on Friday, October 21st at 5 p.m. (Be sure to stay after for OcSoberfest in the gym at 8p.m.!)
– On October 25th, the Golden Knights Volleyball team plays Point Park University in the Hammermill Center at 6p.m. You can check out the men and women’s soccer teams as they take on Mercyhurst on October 29th at the Gannon University Field. The women play first at 2p.m. and the men play at 4:30p.m.
More information about these teams can be found online here.
– On October 17, there will be a Study Abroad festival in Waldron. If you’re looking to spend some time abroad, be sure to stop by and learn about the different opportunities available for GU students.
– Gannon’s annual Cedar Point trip leaves for the park on Saturday, October 22nd at 8 a.m. Make sure you buy your ticket in advance!
– One of everyone’s favorite things about October is Halloween. This year on campus, there are two big haunted houses, run by the Catholic House and by the Schuster Theatre. Both take place on Friday, October 28th and the Schuster has an extra day on Saturday, the 29th.