Monday, April 13: Take Back the Night begins at 7:00 p.m. in Perry Square. Sponsored by Students Against Violence Everywhere, this event helps participants create posters, march through the streets of Erie and promote opportunities to speak out against sexual violence.
Tuesday, April 14:
- Today is Celebrate Gannon! It’s GU’s annual conference that showcases work that Gannon students have accomplished in research, scholarship, creativity and engagement. Stop by the Yehl Alumni Room to check out these accomplishments!
- It’s Library Workers Day! You’re spending the remainder of the semester in the library studying anyway, might as well show some appreciation for the people that work there!
Wednesday, April 15: Chicken wing lovers rejoice! “Lord of the Wings,” a battle for the best chicken wings in Erie, is from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. in the North Hall courtyard. Bring an appetite and plenty of napkins.
- It’s also That Sucks Day, a day to sit and wallow in some of life’s little misfortunes. Don’t worry, it can only get better!
Thursday, April 16:
- The Center for Social Concerns is hosting a discussion about the Fair Housing Act of 1968. Led by Michael Jansen, a FHEO HUD director, this discussion begins at 3:00 p.m. in Waldron 219. If you want to learn how to prevent housing discrimination in your area, be sure to attend.
- Coming out of college and into the world of careers and salaries is overwhelming. Luckily, the Center for Social Concerns is putting on a workshop for women to help them with their finances and work on reducing the wage gap. This workshop begins at 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in room 206 of the Communication Arts Building and dinner will be provided.
Friday, April 17:
- The grand opening of Gannon’s Center for Business Ingenuity is at 11:00 a.m. today at 900 State St.
- Support Gannon University’s baseball team as they compete against Seton Hill. The game is at 1:00 p.m. at the baseball field.
- Sometimes, you just have to dance. Participate in Relay for Life’s Zumbathon located at the Recreation and Wellness Center from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Get some exercise and help contribute to a great cause.
- Singer/songwriter Scott Porter will be performing at the Knight Club at 8:00 p.m. Stop by and listen to some great music!
Saturday, April 18:
- It’s Record Store Day! Hit up your local record store and see if they have any quality albums on sale, you hipster, you.
- Support the softball team as they take on Clarion in a double header game at 1:00 p.m. at the baseball field!